Wednesday, March 29, 2006

very very very peoplesmart.

so today at work we were to have some people from United Way come and do a work assessment for us. They put together some work teams each year from some of the local companies, and they help out around the town with odd jobs. We put in a request this year (our first time) to have someone come and do some painting for us, two bedrooms...
This morning as I left the house to take someone to work, I said as I left "guys, some people will be coming here at 9:30 to take a look at some of the rooms in the house, I'll be back by 9:30, let them wait if they get here before me...." I should have followed that up with "do you understand?" or better yet "could you repeat what I just said?"
I returned to the house at 9:25.
I was greeted by "Fred", who said... "some people wanted to look at our bedrooms, but I sent them away. They weren't staff...."
wait for it.....

"I don't do business with people who aren't staff."

3 comments:

T said...

hahaha...i do miss it there

LStew said...

i have that same mantra.

Anonymous said...

how embarassing.