Thursday, March 30, 2006

seasons

so, I hate change. but I'm sure you know that. have I mentioned the coffee pot incident the summer of '91? (note:: previous line to be said with the high pitched emphasis on "mentioned the coffee pot incident" you know.. so it sounds like me...)
I like people a lot, they grow on me, the become a part of me, I care for them, want to see them do well. I worry for them, I expect too much from them. I become attached. And sometimes it's kinda random.

Last night I had a visit from an old friend, she came for supper and we went for a walk with her kids. About part way thru the night we looked at eachother and just stopped. She said it first. "This is kinda strange eh? almost awkward... we don't know anything about eachother anymore." I nearly wept then and there.
I'm still struggling.
We're in such different stages, geographically distant, and have so little contact outside our weekly "hey how's it going" that we've got nothing. UGH I hate that! We made a pact to try to do things together... here's hoping.

And at the same time, I know that I don't have to be all things to all people (obviously that's not my job) But I do want to be close and involved with the people who have impacted my own life.

On a slightly related note::
Bob and Jess and Stacey were let go from Shoeless. I'm still trying to get all the details before I go off on a rant about the underhandedness of the whole situation. And I'm pretty sad about the fact that it's going to mean we don't have regular contact with them. It came up at Tim Horton's last night though... maybe later in life they'll remember the "churchies" and if they're having a rough time they'll seek out more of the same for help...

on a completely unrelated note:: did you catch the deflection of Harryoke's full hug into a half hug?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "coffee pot incident" is one of my favourites. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one who weeps openly at the slightest bit of change.
I quote: (sobbing) "WE CANNOT HAVE A YELLOW DOOR! THAT'S SO WEIRD!! NO ONE HAS A YELLOW DOOR! WE LIVE ON A MAIN ROAD! EVERYONE WILL SEE IT! IT DOESN'T MATCH THE REST OF THE HOUSE..." It could go on and on. That one will go down as the "yellow door incident"...