Friday, March 10, 2006

in one of the coolest twists of fate, as I was driving to the Burg on Wednesday night, having posted my last entry just hours prior, I was tuned to the old faithful, CBC.

I was pretty much annoyed with the fact I'd been 40 mins late for Worship practice, and pretty much more annoyed with the fact that I was going to arrive late for Karaoke. But then it happened.

Earlier that day I'd posted a memo to myself to tape a broadcast on "Ideas" featuring ethnomusicologist Lynn Whidden, talking about the "essential song". And.. as par for the course.. I forgot to tape it.... BUT because I was running SO late... I heard nearly the entire thing in my car on the way back from the Petes.

Guys.. it was GREAT.
It's the stuff that I love, just enough anthro, just enough psych, just enough music theory.... I'm waiting for my transcript of the show to arrive..... then I'll fill you in more...
but really what it boils down to was this great insight to the purpose of essential song; to create a bond; developing harmonies WITH others in community... encouraging and strengthening dynamics.... all with that weaving of the layers of sound... binding..
*sigh*
again... great stuff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Petes??? You know the Petes??? (I bet you're just after their money) Can you get their Autograph for me !!!

L.Bo Marie said...

ug! you're the second to assume that!... no, "the petes" as in the borough... the p dot, ptbo, peteyplace, peterpatch, p.diddly....

David Newland said...

Funny thing is, I listened to the first 20 minutes of that Essential Song thing on my way to A Certain Gallery In Development and then missed the rest of the program.

So, you should uh... update me on the rest of it. I thought it was way cool. I wish I did Essential Song but instead, I just do songs in an essential way.