Monday, March 06, 2006

better said by someone else

I was getting frustrated the other day by a person I run into on occasion, I ask what's new, and they launch into telling me the good things people have said to them about themselves. Or about the nice things they've done for people.
I'm never sure how to respond.
I found this post and it's a little bit related. But I'm still not going to say anything to that person, I don't want to have it sound the wrong way... it's one of those touchy things... I'm not that involved in the person's life, so I don't have that right, I don't think anyway.

"Grow! We all need to keep growing and never rest on experience or on our precious education. I've met a few very proud people who like to let people know their value and past accomplishments. And I say, "Why is he telling me this?" "Yesterday's peacock is tomorrow's feather duster." Maxwell says that what we strutted yesterday, the next day is just cleaning dust off of shelves. Okay enjoy the accomplishment for a moment... lift your glass to the Lord and say, "That was good Lord, Thanks for using me!" But in the next breath remember to say, "What's next?""

No comments: