Wednesday, March 08, 2006

1, 2, 3, 4

There's paint by numbers.

I was thinking that my life is more "life by numbers..." But not like, 1, 2, 3, 4.... I'm thinking it's more musical numbers.
I've LONG held that life should, infact, be a musical production... There's a song for every occasion, and I'm usually singing it (much to the dismay of those around me!). Recently I heard that a friend of mine had said he wished his life was a musical... WELL! I propose here and now.. (no I'm not proposing TO you, you morons!) (hmmm, unless you were planning on saying yes...) that we pick a day and make it just that... A day of our lives as a musical.

The ground rules I suppose are in order...

  • it's a day long affair.
  • while in the work place you do not have to participate.. Unless you can get away with it
  • songs can be made up, or of popular origin (or even, not pop.)
  • song is to be used as the main form of communication with people
  • dance could be used where words fail
  • songs do not have to rhyme
  • they do not have to be in the same key
  • and there should be at least two numbers that require use of a cow bell.

So, what day is good for you?

7 comments:

T said...

I'm SOO IN...

definately MORE COW BELL

LStew said...

i've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!

Dalton said...

I'm always in for some music.

By the way, I returned your drum, quite the HEROIC act. Don't you think?????

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to live in a musical. I always imagine myself walking down the street singing about the minutia of my life, with a cast of 50 people behind me, forming a triangle with me at the point. They're all walking with that sideways-musical-step thing, kind of bent over, with their hands showing lots of spirit. We'll finish on a long note, and go into tableau, holding our positions and gasping for air.

-Meg

Crilly said...

I love the idea. I've had it myself on a number of occasions.

The only problem I see with this, is that in musicals, after a dance number, or a song, or whatever (in which most everybody participates), everyone goes back to what they were doing, and pretend like nothing happened. In real life, I doubt this would be the case. Unfortunately, everyone (myself included) would want to comment on what just happened. and sadly, :(, take us out of the moment.

Crilly said...

pbth..

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun. You of all people should know I'd love my life to be a constant musical. I'm just saying it wouldn't be the same...

:p~

L.Bo Marie said...

I don't know that it would in fact take us out of the moment... I think that it would be great to discuss and plan the next big number! BUT here's the thing... that discussion time would have to be in song. ;)