Friday, February 17, 2006

snippets

Note:: I don't know if they planned to keep it a secret, but I refuse to because I'm a loudmouth.

VanDan and Jonny will be serenadeing us at the bean tonight. THAT will be good fun.


Also today...
I was driving in to work (yes, I know I should be walking but have you LOOKED outside?) this morning when this crazy cloud flew past me... I couldn't quite understand what I was seeing (it was early, I stayed up too late) picture this with me if you will.... It is Friday morning in Downtown Cobourg, Recycle and garbage collection day for this fine part of the town... It is also gusting up to 70kmph. The recycle bags have been blown onto the street and two trucks have just HIT several of them.... the result? A cloud of recyclable trash outrunning the traffic down University St.

Fast forward...
(I've got the song "things that make you go hmmmm" stuck in my head- not that the song has anything to do with what I've seen today... it's just there)

Again, picture with me as you will...
A dark cloud has dropped over the town, billions and billions of tiny stinging type snowflakes are being lashed about in the wind.. near whiteout conditions... When suddenly, the cloud parts and the sun steams down into the snow .. Creating a brilliant wall of blindness for each driver... Cars stop and people stare at what's unfolded... "Beautiful" does it no justice.

Fast forward again...
there's me... Sitting in the office doing income taxes for the guys at work.

what a day what a day.

No comments: