Wednesday, February 08, 2006

iced

The other night I drove over to Dad's place to get the mail and check on things there... it had been snowing a bit in the 'burg, but I didn't think much of it as I drove into P.Hope...

I got to Dad's and pulled into the pile of snow that was his driveway and thought "super! I have some shovelling to do!" (I LIKE to shovel.. I like the exercise.. I like exercise with purpose.. Other than the purpose of getting in shape, I like to have results and reason) I slipped and slid all over the place as I shoveled the one side of the driveway, then moved my car, and did the other side.. Satisfied with my accomplishments, I went inside and decided that I deserved a nice shower... Started to get in, and the phone rang. On the other end was my elderly and quite deaf neighbour Mr.I. He hollered into the phone "Lesley? DID you KNOW YOUR CAR IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD???" no... Obviously I didn't know my car was there...
I tried to thank him, but he couldn't understand me... Eventually I yelled back "OK I'LL GO GET IT" hurriedly re-dressed, ran out the door to find my car had indeed ended up in the middle of the road. It had slid down the icey driveway right out on to the centre of the road.... it took me three tries to get it back in the driveway.... I parked with one tire in the snowbank to avoid further incidences.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lmao.. Good story.. I couldn't imagine a hill in port hope though.. ~weird