Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Lost in time

I know I've mentioned before that I often can't keep up with life... Time whizzing past me leaving me watching and wondering if I can even catch my breath...
This morning I woke to the phone ringing (eeek! that sends me into a tizzy on it's own) I ran around my room looking for the phone... and not a phone could be found! I guess I left it in the living room.... I hear my roomie pick it up... so I make walking around the house noises in case it's for me... so she'll know that I'm still at home... but I hear the phone be hung up and surmise that it's not for me after all.
I find my own phone and go back to my room.... and it rings....
the passage of time....

an echo-ey
"Happy Birthday to you...." comes over the line.
"Hey Lesley, it's Edith from Togo calling"

AHHH!!!!!!! noooo way!!!!!!
For the next half hour I was blessed to no end talking with Mike, Simon, Ty, Beth, Lisa and Edith... calling all the way from Burkina! They got all fancy and set up their computer so they could make phone calls... what a great way to start my morning!

I hang up, and with a smile on my face, enter the bathroom... the toilet is decorated with happy birthday paper! AND there's a new DVD on the seat!!! I felt like it was a real throne... debated putting on my tiara again... (oh, wait, I'm wearing it now)

Next stop in the whirl wind- the license place, new stickers and a new license pic.

Then to the bean for a coffee and the newspaper.... while I'm reading away minding my own business.... chocolate bars drop from heaven onto my newspaper!!!!! yes.. it's true. Not only that... it's a PILE of Twingo bars!!! MY FAVORITE!!! Be-Bop found me 27 bars of twingo to ring the big day in- in style...

oh no.. the day has just begun!

home to a lunch of chocolate cheese cake and McD's (did I mention that I had the cheese cake for breakfast too? along with steak and eggs) (hey.. it's MY day)

A phone call from MegSheff, A call from my cousin, a call from Jenny, several e-cards... and dash back to the bean for coffee with Manda-manda and Jen... where I pull off the most BEAUTIFUL bad-parker- park.... the type that I generally sit and mock from the front window... oh yeah, up on the sidewalk and everything. what gives??? I'm a great parallel parker! BUT then I enter the bean, and a few moments later, am showered with flowers...

Zip off to work... and after being presented with a new license-place cover (to protect it from Smeegal/Golumn who keeps bending the heck out of my plates) am sent home, being deemed too sick to work still.

sigh... great day

ha ha... I am getting old, this is probably the most poorly written entry EVER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh smeegal, he's always after our stuff! hahaha...

- love, "banana"

hahaha....