Wednesday, November 09, 2005

confused yet?

ahhhh yes, just to add a little mystery to your day.... that's what that last post was about.
Hey, remember the concussion? and the oddities that happened because of said injury?

Weeeeeeeellllll.... back in those days of haze, I was handed a CD by David Newland. If you want to hear the whole story surrounding the actual reception of the CD... meh, you'll have to live in suspense... it was really quite embarrassing.

sooooooo, anyway.

(did you happen to notice that I'm adding a lot of extra letters to my writing today? ehhhhh?)

Over in the "links to people I don't know, but enjoy reading their blogs despite that" section, you'll find Mr. Newland. Not just in his songs, but in his blog entries too... This is a guy with well placed words. He can take you to the place where his story is happening, and have you wanting to hold those places (and people) in your own eyes. I have a tendency to lean towards empathy... ok ok, I'm overly empathetic (pathetic?) and still, I love things that are able to manipulate me into feeling their pain and their joy. There's this one song (track 6 on my copy) that makes me cry over and over again ~ a young girl is traveling by bus to reach the unknown, pregnant, alone... ok, my poor summary won't do it justice... but I've probably already subjected you to it if you've been over lately...

how long does it take this greyhound bus to get to the end of the rainbow?
there's a pot of gold for the two of us, I know there is, I know

1 comment:

L.Bo Marie said...

HA!
I didn't intend that to end up sounding like an advertisment...

one question remains:: how, Mr. David Newland, did you figure out that the owner of a sock chewing rabbit was the same person to recieve a copy of your "collecter's edition" CD?
;)