Monday, October 17, 2005

too too

ok, so instead... we'll just jump back into normal life... because as they said on the radio this morning (God bless you CBC for coming back... life can continue) life isn't the beginning and the end of the story, it's what happens in the middle.

So.... jumping back to the middle in 5..4...3...2...1...

I went to the zoo today.
It was my day off, I slept till I didn't sleep anymore, then leisurely rolled out of my bed, gathered some appropriate zoo-visiting items (bananas, pears, water bottle, book, sweater.... but my mittens could not be found!)
I then called my Pa, to see if there were any joiners from his place... there were not, so I grabbed a java and left.
This is the perfect "wanderer" weather.
There's nothing more I enjoy than taking a walk... (it can only be trumped by a trail ride or a campfire)
Today the sun was shining, the trees orange and red, the wind crisp, my sweater warm, and the zoo near empty. I spent hours enjoying the walk, I got to read every sign.... and there was no one to rush me along... the school groups were few enough that I only ran into them (or was run down by them!) a couple of times... there were 4 or 5 other single visitors - we continued to cross paths during the day and took pictures for eachother...
I wish that you could have been there with me.

No comments: