Thursday, August 04, 2005

humiliation part::2

ok, so as planned I marched into the office Wednesday morning, mind made up as to what I was going to say to Mr.Finnan in regards to the chicken move I pulled Monday night. "hey, sorry that I chickened out the other night" (this was the script in my mind) "whatever are you speaking of Lesley Marie?" (he'd say) "well, I really and truely want to sing with you... you're one of my most favorite singer/songwriters... it's even on my life list of things to do... and well... I just got scared, I didn't want to blow it... and I didn't want to throw you right off... well, umm... maybe sometime I could sing with you? it could even be just here in the office... I mean, sometime maybe...." (that's how it'd go, then he'd hear me and want to have me sing back up some time... oh yeah... pie in the sky baby... pie in the sky)
His van was parked in it's place by the back, but there was no one in the office! I went in and opened the place up (for those of you who can, stop by it's just on Division St.... look for the green and yellow sign). just as I finished setting up, he came in dragging tents and other stuff, I went out to help him carry it in, intent on jokingly bringing the subject up. But he was on a mission.
Then he left.... not to return until noon.
He didn't actually come back until around 1-1:30, and brought in tow his girlfriend... a very very nice girl.. ... so I kept quiet.
ok ok ok
right right and all that stuff...
I've missed my opportunity.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

hi LESLEY!
It's sonia! I miss you. You were one of my favourite bridge staff. I saw pictures of you doing makeup on your blog lol.
if you do anything bad towards me... lol i have those pictures.
So seriously. get in touch sonshine_ea@hotmail.com
i hope all is well with you. my college teacher julie from the community training and development centre in peterborough lives in cobourg. i think she mentioned chapel street. stalk her for me :P