Saturday, August 06, 2005

the Hami Clan

Today we had the third annual-ish "Hami Clan" family gathering. Dispite the fact that Hamilton was Grandma's madin name.. we are all Hamiltons at heart... besides which "Roach Family Gathering" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
In attendance at today's festivities (which, I may point out, were held in the middle of NOWHERE! But I suppose the middle of nowhere is central to everywhere.) were the majority of the Hami Kids and their kids... and their kids! whoa baby... as if I wasn't already feeling low for not being married! this was quite the group to be hangin with.

Hami's Kids:
Ann
Jean
Terry
Dave
Pat

missing today were Ann (because she and her family live out west USA) and my mom.
pretty much everyone's kids came with their own children in tow (with the exception of the exclusion of my children and my sister's children... because they are, of yet- unborn.)

tally for the 1st generation of cousins (plus their husbands/wives)= 13 pretty good eh? we were only missing 4 other couples and one other spouse....
total tally for 2nd generation... 10 small people under the age of 5... not too shabby
number of times I was asked "so, you seeing any nice boys?" = 11
number of times I was asked "so, when are you settling down?"= 5

answer to most of those questions:: "I'm thinking of getting knocked up this year so I'll fit in better at our next gathering."

response:: priceless

1 comment:

L.Bo Marie said...

no one else caught that double negative eh?