Wednesday, July 13, 2005

two topics for today.


so far we have three nearly-tied contenders.

please note:: all entries may be dropped off at 503 George St. for their audition for the part of "most perfect black licorice ever"... no one will be turned away.. unless of course they are double salted... don't bother to bring those. -hey, I'm not Dutch.. forget it!

the top three are (in no particular order) 1) honey black 2)Panda Bar (not the stuffed bits... and not the honey-combed bits) 3)Coin (going to have to find the name of the makers of both the coin and honey)
there have been to date 7 other varieties, there has been no work done on the aging process of twizzlers, but if someone wants to set up a fair trial, I will lend my taste buds for the testing.

secondly:: I am a dope.
so I was going to send an inquiring email to my family in Togo to see if perhaps they'd received their care package... I mean I think I sent it about three months ago....
yeah, um, so I was cleaning my car yesterday to get ready for the drive to Chatham (Laur and Mike's wedding!) and um, I found in my music bin (that which I keep all my loose sheets of choruses and works in progress) well.. I found the care package. Turns out I just THOUGHT I'd sent it. or, I tossed it in the back seat to go to the post office... and someone stuck it in the bin... don't go in the bin much lately.

Sorry guys, I'm mailing it tomorrow... guess it won't be a surprise now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it was not snacks. If there was black licorice in there that may be the ultimate taste test. Does black licorice get better with age like a fine bottle of wine or does it just get stail and harder to chew? Does licorice go bad or is it one of those things that keeps for ever like a Ding Dong with all the preservatives? What is the secret of licorice? It is one of those mysteries of the world like how did King Tut actually die? If we had the answers to these questions would we still enjoy licorice the same way? I never really thought about it but licorice is kind of fun to type out on the keyboard. I think that I will do it again just because it is so fun.....licorice,licorice, licorce. Help I think I am addicted to typing licorice. Licorice! Licorice! Licorice!