Sunday, June 19, 2005

hiccups

know why their called hiccups?
because you make a noise that sounds like "hick" then every thing inside of you heaves itself up into your throat.
Sick
Literally

As mentioned in Manda's blog, there is in life the occasional hiccup. That moment in which, after a time of life running smoothly, you hit a bump that sort of sends you flying thru the air. A hiccup.
I, on the other hand, do not hit these metaphorical hiccups... I get them for real.

When the stress level gets high, my diaphram contracts into a painful fist and slams me in the lungs.
This repeated slamming makes me want to vomit.

Today has been an annoyingly stressful day, not one instance in particular has led me to this, but repeated annoyances building into climactic hiccups of the most devastating nature. Dinner was good going down... not so nice the 4 times up.
sick
tgtm
(thank God tomorrow's Monday)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i know exactly how you feel with hiccups that make you ill... many good meal has been lost to my hiccups, it is sad, and painful!