Saturday, May 14, 2005

ohhhh snack pac...

I know I've said this before... but pudding makes me SO happy.

The best (no doubt) is frozen fat free chocolate... but our freezer is doing funny things, my last two batches have gone all crystally... not what you want in a good frozen pudding.. really, consistancy is key here. You're looking for the gillato type ... a smooth frozen, so when it's slightly defrosted... ummmmm
next best is full fat vannila right from the cupboard... ohhh so good.



Anyway, I decided to pop the bubble of my world and meet some new people, learn some new things... I've got the most gorgeous D'jembe in the world (or so I think) but I'm increadibly intimidated by it's voice!!! I hit that puppy and wince from it's loudness.. I back off from evry rhythm that I figure out certain that it will eat me! Yes, I'm scared of my drum... it's silly I know.
That said, I need lots of prayer... so ninjas, your new assignment:

~~I've joined a drumming circle... never before have I been so excited to get away from Christians... I think though that I might be a little out of my comfort zone.... I came for the rhythms... I may leave for the Pagans.

So, I've joined this women's drumming circle (we had a meeting today), thankfully everyone is very respectfull of everyone else and their beliefs, there's no pressure to get involved in the spiritual stuff
BUT please pray for protection... I've never been really in tune with the whole spiritual warfare world (I rely on you ninjas!)I want to be a good witness to these women, and I want to learn about my drum and drumming.... Today was a really great day... but scarey. It's been a long time since I've had to defend what I believe... This group has 12 women, 6 of them would be quite serious about the pagan side of things, 3 are big into native spirituality, and the other 3 are undecided...

Also, it's about learning to express myself very differently.... We are always told growing up to be quiet, to follow someone else's lead, to be "little women". Drumming is pretty different... so I'm learning.... and I'm still really intimidated by it all...
but by the end of the first day I was EXCITED about what I had accomplished.
(sorry my spell check is still down)

3 comments:

T said...

SNAC PAK!!! I LOVE SNAC PAK!!!

Anonymous said...

And the beat goes on!!!!!!!
Good to here your branching out and still staying true to your convictions. You keep drumming and I'll keep praying for you. Soon at least one of those ladies will be following your rhythym, maybe even follow you to the Lord.
Our little drummer girl. Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum.

Amanda said...

So, i'm very jealous... i want to drum!!! Yeah for you!!! mmm pudding, don't know when the last time i had that was?