Sunday, February 27, 2005

9 hours in a car IS enough

for one weekend anyway.

The drive up and back to Chatham/Walliceburg was uneventful, long and uneventful. Morgan (my little car) handled the journey quite well, and we didn't get lost, not even once.
The presentation went ok... I'm not really a public speaker, and I guess that I should have spent more time talking about the actual trip itself... not just generalized about missions... but it was ok. I really enjoyed the time in the class rooms with the students (over the assembly) because they were able to ask questions, I could tell them some stories... there wasn't the same sort of time restriction on it...

The visit with Laur was good, I miss her. The weekend really got me thinking about all the people in my life whom I love but never get to see. It made me sad.

Spent the weekend being beaten at EVERY game.
Lost at:
~Wizard
~Boggle
~Pool
~Cribbage (hang my head in shame...learned never to play against an accountant...but hope to do so again ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lovely...i'm glad your presentation went ok. my mom told me all about it when i was trying desperately to get at that alfredo sauce she was making. ugh friday was the biggest hair fiasco of my life, ask my mom to tell you. and then another time, i'll tell you the real story! i'm back at school now, and it's crappy and i can't wait until the summer. the summer rocks cause you're out on your porch when i stalk you, as opposed to hiding inside.

Anonymous said...

hi. that last one was from me. i didn't sign it. sorry.
-meghan
i guess it was probably pretty obvious though...:)